Peace and Pollen
Step outside in Raleigh these days and you’ll notice many cars are the same greenish-yellow color. Pollen is in the air covering everything. In the midst of all this week’s news and tension I found myself reminded that as believers we’re far more covered by peace than pollen. Pollen is seasonal, peace is always available. Pollen washes away with the rain, peace endures the storm. If your life is feeling turmoil, stress or anxiety these days I ask you to consider these 10 short reminders from scripture about peace.
1. “I am leaving you with a gift-peace of mind and heart. And the peace I give is a gift the world cannot give. So don’t be troubled or afraid. John 14:27
2. For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace. Isaiah 9:6
3.Therefore, since we have been made right in God’s sight by faith, we have peace with God because of what Jesus Christ our Lord has done for us. Romans 5:1
4. You will keep in perfect peace all who trust in you, all whose thoughts are fixed on you! Trust in the Lord always, for the Lord God is the eternal Rock. Isaiah 26:3-4
5. So letting your sinful nature control your mind leads to death. But letting the Spirit control your mind leads to life and peace. Romans 8:6
6. The Lord gives his people strength. The Lord blesses them with peace. Psalm 29:11
7. And let the peace that comes from Christ rule in your hearts. For as members of one body you are called to live in peace. And always be thankful. Colossians 3:15
8. Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. Then you will experience God’s peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:6-7
9. Now may the Lord of peace himself give you his peace at all times and in every situation. The Lord be with you all. 2 Thessalonians 3:16
#10 “Come to Me, all who are weary and heavy-laden, and I will give you rest. “Take My yoke upon you, and learn from Me, for I am gentle and humble in heart; and you shall find rest for your souls. “For My yoke is easy, and My load is light.” Matt: 11:28-30
So, if you see the covering of pollen, I hope you remember today His peace.
There’s no place like hope,